July 24, 2017
I’m looking forward to helping you complete your projects. In order to help the process work as smoothly as possible I’d like to share my business practices.
- Due to the nature of this work, with it’s many surprises and changes, I bill my labor by the hour, which is currently, 50.00. This is also my minimum charge.
- Generally, I prefer to shop for the materials used during the project. It’s important that the customer participates in this process but I usually know exactly what I need and where to get it. I do not mark up on materials purchased on a retail basis. I do charge my hourly rate for my time and the IRS rate of .57 per mile of business travel.
- If I rent a tool or hire a helper, those charges are indicated on the final bill.
- For jobs lasting longer than three days, I provide regular summaries of time and material costs.
- At the end of the job immediate payment is due. Cash, check, Paypal or credit cards are acceptable. Credit cards are charged between 2.75 and 3.75 per cent by Square, which is added to the final invoice.
- When payment is received I provide a written invoice and all relevant receipts. If I’ve used materials from my own supplies they will charged under Sundries on the final invoice. An emailed invoice can also be provided.
Thank you very much, and let’s get started.